Poster

Since I’m at a bit of a loose end as I haven’t filmed the final part of my film, I thought it would be a good idea a start working on my poster. My aim is to have it finished this week so that I can start work on my review next week.

To begin with, I opened up the Pixelmator project that I had created earlier this year when researching into film posters. I then created a layer for the photo of Andrew to be put onto, rather than putting it on the base layer so that I can move bits about and delete things if I need to. Here is the picture I used:

dsc_0432

I then dragged in the picture. I had a few difficulties getting the image up to a high quality and spent a good while figuring out how to get it to look like the picture I had taken. As you can see in the picture below, the quality isn’t anywhere near the quality picture you would find in a film poster.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 13.00.56.png I then asked for help as I was spending a lot of time on just this one task, and it turned out the resolution was as simple as pressing an ‘OK’ button.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 13.04.31.png

I’m unsure at the minute whether I want a white background behind the picture or not, as I think both look quite nice.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 12.49.52.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 13.10.10.png

After asking my peers, we came to the conclusion that the poster should fill the entire page since the picture is such good quality. However, this may change if the billing block at the bottom of the page isn’t legible.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s